When you’re in need of chemical support for your field operations – whether it’s soybeans, corn, small grains or specialty crops, the Asmus Farm Supply Crop Protection Department is the best place to start. Any of the crop protection department agronomists are happy to answer your questions and get you started on the right path for better crop protection, production and optimizing your yields.
Since the Beginning
The AFS Crop Protection Department is the oldest division in the company, dating back in 1960. Our CCA certified agronomy staff focuses on providing recommendations specific to your operation, using AFS’s large portfolio of products to provide season long crop protection for all of your fields. AFS represents all major manufacturers, using an unbiased approach to recommend their products to help solve your issues. Generic alternatives are available in some product lines. AFS agronomists are all educated on the vast number of programs that manufactures offer, ensuring to provide you with the best value for your operation.
Harlan is a second-generation Manager of the family business and joined AFS in 1987 after graduating from Iowa State University with a Bachelor of Business Management degree. Since coming back to the family business after graduating college, Harlan has held various job titles including Warehouse Assistant, Seed Sales, Crop Consultant, CCA Agronomist, Purchasing Agent, and Chemical Programs Administration. Harlan now is the company President but continues to work with clients and manages product procurement and pricing for the chemistry department. He encourages integrity-based relationship selling amongst the AFS staff and spends considerable time nurturing relationships with manufacturing suppliers and AFS clients.
AFS Crop Protection Partners
Popular Crop Protection Products
Heads Up® is a biological seed treatment that brings a new mode of action for growers to get a head start against a variety of fungal and bacterial diseases in row and specialty crops. Used alone or in combination with other fungicide / insecticide seed treatments, Heads Up® brings additional, full-season protection to help position your plants to succeed against yield robbing disease pathogens.
Heads Up® Plant Protectant is nationally distributed in the United States and Canada and is the only EPA/PMRA registered seed treatment for suppression of both sudden death syndrome (fusarium virguliforme) and white mold (sclerotinia sclerotiorum) in soybeans.
Tripidity® ST Biostimulant Soybean Seed Treatment
- Hard chemistry not a biological, with multiple modes of action
- The most consistent biostimulant on the market today
- More evenly emerged, healthier and greater in number soybean stands every time
- Each soybean seed receives the same chemical message and the same complete cellular food source at the same time
- The closer the actives to the embryo, the faster they are utilized, the more hours you gain in the emergence
- A three-component biostimulant that includes
- The right plant hormones, at the right concentration in the right ratio
- Amino acid and enzyme cellular building blocks
- Specific micronutrients which work in synthesis to accelerate cellular systems growth
Shop the AFS Portal for your crop protection needs!
Make sure your crop is protected all season!