When you’re in need of chemical support for your field operations – whether it’s soybeans, corn, small grains or specialty crops, the Asmus Farm Supply Crop Protection Department is the best place to start. Any of the crop protection department agronomists are happy to answer your questions and get you started on the right path for better crop protection, production and optimizing your yields.
Since the Beginning
The AFS Crop Protection Department is the oldest division in the company, dating back in 1960. Our CCA certified agronomy staff focuses on providing recommendations specific to your operation, using AFS’s large portfolio of products to provide season long crop protection for all of your fields. AFS represents all major manufacturers, using an unbiased approach to recommend their products to help solve your issues. Generic alternatives are available in some product lines. AFS agronomists are all educated on the vast number of programs that manufactures offer, ensuring to provide you with the best value for your operation.
Harlan is a second-generation Manager of the family business and joined AFS in 1987 after graduating from Iowa State University with a Bachelor of Business Management degree. Since coming back to the family business after graduating college, Harlan has held various job titles including Warehouse Assistant, Seed Sales, Crop Consultant, CCA Agronomist, Purchasing Agent, and Chemical Programs Administration. Harlan now is the company President but continues to work with clients and manages product procurement and pricing for the chemistry department. He encourages integrity-based relationship selling amongst the AFS staff and spends considerable time nurturing relationships with manufacturing suppliers and AFS clients.
Palmer amaranth, Waterhemp, Lambsquaters, Crabgrass, Foxtails, Panicums, Velvetleaf, Morningglory
- Provides Both Postemergence and Residual Control
- Proven Residual Control of Resistant Palmer Amaranth, Waterhemp, and Additional Small-Seeded Broadleaves and Grasses
- Allows Flexible Application at a Low Use Rate
Tank Mix Partners:
- Enlist and Enlist Duo
Perpetuo® Herbicide is a new premix of proven chemistries with both postemergence and residual weed control. Perpetuo delivers both burndown control of emerged weeds and residual control to stop weeds from emerging. This herbicide solution tackles the tail end of the long germination windows of both Palmer amaranth and waterhemp to help growers keep soybean fields clean through canopy closure.
New Insecticides for 2022!
Powered by three industry-leading technologies, Endigo® ZCX insecticide contains a novel, optimized formulation that provides both knockdown and residual control of a broad spectrum of insects, including pyrethroid-resistant pests and invasive species.
- Contains two complementary modes of action, thiamethoxam and lambda-cyhalothrin, to provide robust, broad-spectrum control of key northern and southern soybean pests, including soybean aphids, Japanese beetles, bean leaf beetles, multiple stink bug species and some lepidopteran pests
- Utilizes proven Zeon® Technology to help ensure fast pest knockdown, strong adhesion to the plant surface, improved rain fastness and longer residual activity
- Controls populations of insects, such as soybean aphids and stink bugs, that exhibit tolerance or resistance to pyrethroids in some geographies
- An excellent option for acres formerly receiving chlorpyrifos-based products, which can no longer be used effective Feb. 28, 2022 due to updated EPA guidance
When it comes to protecting your soybean crops, you can’t play the waiting game to see if you have pyrethroid-resistant aphids. What you need is an insecticide that works well and works fast against aphids and other chewing insects.
- Fast-acting knockdown power paired with long-lasting residual control
- Broad-spectrum control of soybean aphid, including resistant species
- Two modes of action
And BASF’s new dual mode of action insecticide, Renestra™, does exactly that.
By combining traditional pyrethroid chemistry with Inscalis™ – the newest site of action available for soybeans – Renestra™ Insecticide is able to deliver fast-acting results on a broad spectrum of harmful insects while still providing long-lasting residual control for soybean crops.
And with its new dual mode of action, Renestra™ Insecticide is able to eliminate resistant and non-resistant soybean aphids in addition to other feeding insects. That way, farmers can always count on it to get rid of tough pests and to keep their crops protected for the long run.
Ridgeback™ insecticide gives soybean and corn farmers quick knockdown and long-lasting control of difficult-to-control pests. With 2 modes of action, Ridgeback insecticide has the power to fight soybean aphids, Japanese beetles, spider mites, and other pests — while helping you manage pest resistance.
Shop the AFS Portal for your crop protection needs!
Make sure your crop is protected all season!